Where I've Been...

19 June 2009

Bruce in Granada, Nicaragua

Made it to Nicaragua after a looong travel day starting in Texas at 3.30 a.m. Spent most of the day in the Belize airport drinking Belikins and shooting the shit with tourists and locals. Arrive Nic. around 8.30 p.m. and got thru customs and medical screening by 9,30 p.m.

My prearranged transport, Paxeos, was right there to pick me up. Definately worth the little extra I spent over the chicken bus to go straight from the Managua airport to Granada, about one hour.

My little hotel is just fine with fan and private shower. They also have free internet and coffee!!

Now about that Nicaragua airport. They are taking this flu stuff very seriously! Every passenger had to go thru this screeening where you stood before some kind of camera that displayed an image of your body heat. Then a nurse either let you go thru or you got hauled off to some kind of quarantine. I had just enough Belikin beers in me to pass the test!!

No comments:

Post a Comment