Where I've Been...

24 June 2009

On to the Pacific Ocean

Got up Tuesday and had a leisurly breakfast. Found a place in Granada that serves four (yes four) eggs with ham, toast and potatoes for $3. They also have wonderful banana milkshakes. Next I checked out of my hotel and took Ramon out for a beer. It was father´s day in Nicaragua. (Definition of confusion??) He has a one year old son.
Then I hopped on another chicken bus back to Rivas, then jumped another one down to San Juan del Sur. Found a $15 hotel room one block from the beach and guess what? It has air conditioning! The pacific ocean here is really pretty. Lots of great pics to post when I get to Belize. Interestingly, by Friday I will be swimming in the Caribbean Sea. Two oceans in one trip!
Bonus tour - it happens to be the festival of their patron saint John the Baptist (San Juan Bautista). There was a great fiesta in the central park that night. Got some great video footage until it started pouring rain. Probably will be going on again tonight.
Side note - My hotel in Granada had internet so I am now in my first internet cafe. I´m sitting between two obnoxious German women who are carrying on a loud conversation while I´m trying to type. At least they aren´t chain smoking too. Oh the joys of third world travel.
More later...today is a relaxing beach day. Swimming, pub crawl, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment